Family Mediation is a way of resolving disputes between couples or parents when their relationship has broken down. The mediator may help you reach your own agreement about issues such as children, money and property. Couples can discuss these issues in the presence of a trained and impartial mediator.
Benefits of Mediation
- Generally a quicker and less expensive method than going through court proceedings
- It is often less stressful carried out in a neutral and comfortable setting
- It allows you to retain control over the mediation process and the outcome
- It allows you to make the decisions rather that relying on a Judge in court.
- If you qualify for legal aid mediation is free
How much will it cost?
The Government are trying to encourage people to resolve disputes by mediation, therefore,legal aid is available for family mediation. Our mediation service has a contract to carry out mediation under the legal aid scheme. If you qualify then mediation is free. Please ring Sue Thompson, our experienced mediation assistant on 01254 295555 who will check to see if you qualify for legal aid. If you do not qualify then she will give you details of our simple and low cost mediation service. Please remember that mediation can provide a less expensive solution than going to court.